Hydroponics is basically a method of growing plants without soil. Instead of having to compete with other plants for nutrients in the soil, hydroponic plants thrive on a nutrient solution that is administered directly and which contains all the necessary minerals. Hydroponic gardening also cuts down on the amount of weeding and digging that is compulsory with soil gardening.
Overall, hydroponic gardeners have more control over the temperature, the light, the water, the nutrient
intake and the pests which effect their gardens.
Hydroponics gardening is an easy, environmentally-friendly way to grow a wide variety of healthy plants in a relatively small space. The benefits of growing hydroponically include:
- Hydroponic plants grow more rapidly then plants in soil because it has direct access to essential plant nutrients and water and other plants don't have to compete for nutrients as plants in soil do.
- Hydroponic indoor gardening is possible year-round.
- Hydroponic plants are grown in a relatively disease-free, pest-free medium.
- Hydroponic plants can be grown in small spaces - in closets, on apartment balconies, on kitchen counters and in classrooms.
- Hydroponic plant roots are fixed to the grow medium, or grow tray, by its roots giving them unlimited access to nutrients. This results in plants that yield superior vegetables and flowers with smaller roots, compared to plants grown in soil.
- Hydroponics makes gardening possible in low soiled areas, rocky terrains and small spaces like apartment balconies.
- Hydroponics makes gardening possible indoors with artificial lighting.
- Hydroponics demands less labor - no digging, soil maintenance or weeding is required.
Advertiser Links for Hydroponics Supply